CUI Water and Waste Services Disconnection Information
If your water has been turned off because you have an outstanding balance that is overdue, you must:
- Pay the outstanding amount
- Pay a $120.00 service fee to have your services turned back on
- Pay a deposit for your account
- Book an appointment with CUI to turn your water services back on. Someone must be home at the residence to ensure no flooding or unexpected activities occur as the water is turned back on. Appointments may be booked for Monday-Friday 8am-3PM by calling 403-207-7284
- If the appointment is missed, a missed appointment fee of $120 will be applied and you may re-book your appointment
You may have to wait 24 to 48 hours for re-connection after the payment has been verified by the bank. Re-connection can happen faster if a money order or credit card payment is received. Re-connections are only available on regular business days (non-stat holidays) from 8am-3PM.
Payment methods after a disconnection:
- By money order 24/7 at the dropbox on the pole outside of the CUI office (#403, 320 West Creek Drive Chestermere, Alberta T1X 0P7). (3rd party service fees may apply)
- By credit card online at Plastiq. Please note you will have to create an account and that payments may take 3-5 business days to process. A Plastiq service fee will be applied (2.5% for credit cards). CUI does not receive any portion of this fee – it is a 3rd party service fee.
- By cheque in the mail or dropbox located on the post in front of the main door at #403, 320 West Creek Drive Chestermere, Alberta T1X 0P7
- By online banking or telebanking through most banks (Note: online and telebanking payments take 3-4 business days to receive and process)
All payments deposited into the drop box will be processed in the morning of the next business day.
For credit card and online banking payments, please take a photo of the payment confirmation and email it to email@example.com. We will then reply to you to make an appointment to reconnect your services. Re-connections are only available on regular business days (non-stat holidays) from 8am-3PM.
Contact us for more information or if you have questions.
You will be asked for a deposit if:
- You have no payment history with CUI and you have not signed up for PAP (Pre Authorized Payments)
- You have been subject to collections activity including:
- You have received 1 or more disconnection notice(s) over the past year
- You have had your deposit applied to your outstanding debt and must pay it back
- You have been disconnected over the past year
- One or more of your payments have been returned by the bank
Deposits Are Not Optional
You do not have a choice whether to pay a deposit or not. CUI can disconnect your service or refuse to connect you if the deposit is not paid.
Deposits are equal to two months average bill. The monthly average is calculated using the average consumption over the last 6 months plus any fees.