All currently available positions with CUI will be posted here. If you are interested in applying for a position, please send us an email stating the position you are applying for. Please include your resume, cover letter and three references.
We only accept applications for current employment opportunities; however, please check back often for new available positions.
CUI is a fast-growing utility company in Chestermere.
Our Vision: A leader in stewardship through the innovative delivery of essential services in Alberta.
Our Mission: A trusted community partner stewarding precious resources and delivering safe, efficient utility solutions – everyday.
- We make sure everyone is able to get from home to work and back safely
- Responsible to the shareholder, community, environment
- Every single team member is dedicated to a thoughtful/meaningful customer experience
- We are collaborative – with our industry, community, peers and staff
- We are innovative – we make big things happen
- We do the right thing
We are currently recruiting for a Solid Waste Operator to join our team.
Reporting to the Manager, Environment, Health, Safety & Operations, the Solid Waste Operator will assist CUI with the day-to-day operations in the recycling, organic and solid waste collections. The successful candidate must have a strong work ethic, a demonstrated commitment to working safely and a desire to provide outstanding customer service. They are a team player, an effective communicator, physically fit (lifting up to 75 lbs. and have the ability to stand for long periods of time) and perform repetitive tasks.
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Ensuring safe operations of a truck while completing daily residential curbside collection in an urban environment;
- Creating customer satisfaction through reliable service (e.g., arrive on schedule, pick-up all bins, clean up waste that falls out of bin when lifting, relock/reclose bins);
- Ensuring the overall cleanliness of trucks and completing preventative maintenance;
- Assisting in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Recycling Depot;
- Deliveries and repairs of recycle and compost carts; and
- Tracking and documenting activities.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class 3 License with a “Q” endorsement
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level “C” certificates
- Two (2) years operating heavy equipment
- Solid waste management experience considered an asset.
- Interested candidates must be willing to work flexible hours, and will be part of the on-call rotation for emergency situations.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume as one attachment by Monday, August 28, 2017 to:
Attn: Pauline Greenidge
Note: Please put Solid Waste Operator in your e-mail subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in positions at CUI, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.