CUI is committed to recycling as many materials as possible to keep them out of our landfills. We accept a wide variety of items that fall outside of what goes in your blue cart.
The CUI Recycling Depot is located on the grounds of the Chestermere Public Works yard, at 281072 Centre Ave E, Calgary, AB.
Click here for a map of the Recycling Depot location, in addition to information on garbage collection days.
The CUI Recycling Depot is open:
Monday to Friday: 8:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays: 8:00am – 4:00pm
We are closed Christmas Day — December 25th, and New Year’s Day — January 1st.
What is Accepted at the Recycling Depot?
Search for an item in Sorting Central.
The Recycle Depot DOES NOT accept:
- Motor Oil
- Old Gas
- Propane Tanks
- Polystyrene (Styrofoam)
- Freon Units (fridges, freezers, air conditioners, water coolers)
Items that are accepted for recycling at the CUI Recycle Depot:
- Clean Glass Jars and Bottles –
- Glass Jars are NOT PERMITTED in blue recycling carts. If glass is tossed into your blue cart, the blue cart will not be collected.
- For more information on why, click here
- Large Appliances – Ovens, dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, hot water tanks.
- *We cannot accept Freon units such as fridges, freezers, air conditioners, and water coolers.
- USED Cooking Oil
- Batteries (from AAA to car batteries and all sizes in between)
- Clothing (donation bins located on site) – All donated clothing goes to Clothing for a Cause
- Tires and Rims
- Mixed Paper
- Plastics with the Recycling Triangle numbered 1–7
- Organic Yard Waste (such as grass clippings, leaves, flowers)
- Cell phones, smart phones, pagers
- Related phone accessories, including chargers, plugs, etc.
- Telephones and related equipment
- Networking equipment
- VCR/DVD/CD players
- Home theater in a box
- Cable/Satellite receivers
- Video game consoles
- Electronic Wire
- Eligible Paints – 100mL to 24 Litres
- Interior & exterior latex and alkyd (oil based) paints
- Porch, floor and deck paints
- Interior and exterior varnishes and urethanes
- Primers, undercoats and water repellant sealers
- Wood finishing oils and stains
- Non-catalyzed and non nitrocellulose lacquers
- Rust and decorative metal paints
- Concrete and driveway (non-tar based) paints
- Tree marking paint
- Fence and barn paint
- Empty paint cans and pails
- Paint aerosols
- Marine paint (must not contain pesticides).