Any balance outstanding after the due date is assessed a 3% late payment fee and is included in the next month’s bill. This includes situations when either an entire monthly payment has been missed or only a partial payment has been received.
Failure to pay an account for ninety (90) consecutive days or account arrears more than 2 times a typical monthly bill, will result in the commencement of collection activities. This includes water service disconnection and discontinuance of waste disposal services until steps to recover the amount due have been taken (including referral to a third-party collection agency), and payment is received by CUI for the outstanding amount.
CUI Water and Waste Services Disconnection Information
To resume services once a disconnect has taken place, customers must:
- Pay the total outstanding amount
- Pay a $120.00 reconnection fee
- Pay a deposit according to the type of customer account. Residential customers will be charged a service deposit of $300; non-residential customers will be charged a deposit equal to three (3) months of the average bill specific to the type of property (i.e. restaurant, wash bay, office, etc.). The monthly average is calculated using the average consumption over the last six (6) months plus any fees.
- Schedule an appointment to turn your water services back on by calling 403-207-7284. Reconnection appointments are available on regular business days (Monday-Friday) from 8am to 3pm. At the time of reconnection, someone over the age of 18 must be present to ensure no flooding or unexpected activities occur as the water is turned back on. Appointments may be booked for Monday-Friday 8am-3pm by calling 403-207-7284
- If the reconnection appointment is missed, a missed appointment fee of $120 will be charged, and once paid, the appointment may be rescheduled.
You may have to wait 24 to 48 hours for reconnection after the payment has been verified by the bank. Reconnection can happen faster if a money order or credit card payment is received.
The following payment methods are acceptable after a service disconnection:
- By money order 24/7 at the drop box on the pole outside of the CUI office (#403, 320 West Creek Drive Chestermere, Alberta T1X 0P7). (Third party service fees may apply)
- By credit card online at Plastiq. Please note you will have to create an account and that payments may take 3-5 business days to process. A Plastiq service fee will be applied (2.5% for credit cards). CUI does not receive any portion of this fee – it is a third party service fee.
- By cheque in the mail or drop box located on the post in front of the main door at #403, 320 West Creek Drive Chestermere, Alberta T1X 0P7
- By online banking or telebanking through most banks (Note: online and telebanking payments take 3-4 business days to receive and process)
All payments deposited into the drop box will be processed in the morning of the next business day.
For credit card and online banking payments, please take a photo of the payment confirmation and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then reply to you to make an appointment to reconnect your services. Reconnections are only available on regular business days (non-stat holidays) from 8am-3pm.
Please contact us at 403-207-7284 if you have any questions or if you require further assistance.