The collection systems downstream of both Lift Station #5 (LS 5) and #8 (LS 8) are over capacity. LS 5 currently pumps to the LS 6 collection system. Diverting the flow from LS 5 to the LS 12 collection area would eliminate the need for a pump capacity upgrade at LS 6. LS 8 currently pumps to the LS 7 collection system. Diverting flow from LS 8 to the LS 11 collection area would eliminate the need for a pump capacity upgrade at LS 7.
CUI has initiated the Lift Station 5/8 Force Main Diversion project to construct two new sanitary force mains by excavation and directional drilling:
- Along Westchester Green from West Chestermere Drive across the Altalink transmission lines to Rainbow Falls Manor.
- From the John Peake Memorial Park boat launch parking lot towards the north park lot to Marina Road. Once completed, the LS 5 and LS 8 pumping facilities will be able to support growth of the City of Chestermere over the next 25 years.
Lift Station 5 Rehabilitation
The poor condition of LS5 requires immediate repair in order to provide continual service and reliability to the City of Chestermere. Rehabilitation to the lift station will include replacing the structural, mechanical, electrical and control components that have either extensive corrosion or have reached the end of their operational life and are at risk of failure.
These projects will be completed from September to December 2017.
- East Lakeview Road from East Merganser Drive to Township Road 241A is closed with access to local traffic only until early October.
- Kinniburgh Boulevard from Township Road 241A to Kinniburgh Crescent will have restricted access from September 18th to September 30th
- Westchester Green will be closed or have reduced roadway width for two weeks starting September 25th.
- West Chestermere Drive will be closed at Westchester Green for two weeks at the end of September to early October. Access will be restricted to local traffic only with detours in effect through Long Beach Link and Westchester Blvd.
- Rainbow Falls Manor will have reduced roadway width starting at the end of September to early October.
- The parking lot to John Peak Memorial will have reduced access starting October 10th. Marina Road will be closed at the roundabout.
- The Library Parking lot will be closed starting mid-October. Visitors will be required to park on the street.
- LS 5 Phase 1 (Two weeks in mid- to late-September):
- Westchester Green – Closure or reduced roadway width.
- LS 5 Phase 2 (Two weeks – end of September to early October):
- West Chestermere Drive – Closure at Westchester Green. Local traffic access only with detours in effect through Long Beach Link and Westchester Blvd.
- Rainbow Falls Manor – Reduced roadway
- LS 8 (mid-October during seasonal closure of the Board Launch):
- Use of the parking lot to John Peake Memorial will be closed or have reduced access. Marina Road will be closed at the roundabout. Access to the Library Parking Lot will be closed. Street parking only.