CUI is committed to recycling as many materials as possible to keep them out of our landfills. We accept a wide variety of items that fall outside of what goes in your blue cart.
The Recycle Depot is for the use of Chestermere residential customers only. Commercial deliveries (ie: landscaping companies) are not accepted.
The CUI Recycle Depot is located on the grounds of the Chestermere Public Works yard, at 281107 Township Road, 243 .
Click here for a map of the Recycling Depot location, in addition to information on garbage collection days.
The CUI Recycle Depot is open:
Monday to Friday: 8:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays: 8:00am – 4:00pm
We are closed Christmas Day — December 25th, and New Year’s Day — January 1st.
What is Accepted at the Recycle Depot?
Search for an item in Sorting Central.
The Recycle Depot DOES NOT accept:
- Motor Oil
- Old Gas
- Propane Tanks
- Polystyrene (Styrofoam)
- Freon Units (fridges, freezers, air conditioners, water coolers)
- Large appliances (such as stoves, dishwashers, washing machines)
Items that are accepted for recycling at the CUI Recycle Depot:
- Clean Glass Jars and Bottles –
- Glass Jars are NOT PERMITTED in blue recycling carts. If glass is tossed into your blue cart, the blue cart will not be collected.
- For more information on why, click here
- Small Appliances – coffee makers, toasters
- USED Cooking Oil
- Batteries (from AAA to car batteries and all sizes in between)
- Clothing (donation bins located on site) – All donated clothing goes to Clothing for a Cause
- Tires and Rims
- Mixed Paper
- Plastics with the Recycling Triangle numbered 1–7
- Residential Compostable Items (Organics)
- Yard Waste (such as grass clippings, leaves, flowers).
- green bin contents
- NOTE: items must be in a compostable bag.
- Cell phones, smart phones, pagers
- Related phone accessories, including chargers, plugs, etc.
- Telephones and related equipment
- Networking equipment
- VCR/DVD/CD players
- Home theater in a box
- Cable/Satellite receivers
- Video game consoles
- Electronic Wire
- Eligible Paints – 100mL to 24 Litres
- Interior & exterior latex and alkyd (oil based) paints
- Porch, floor and deck paints
- Interior and exterior varnishes and urethanes
- Primers, undercoats and water repellant sealers
- Wood finishing oils and stains
- Non-catalyzed and non nitrocellulose lacquers
- Rust and decorative metal paints
- Concrete and driveway (non-tar based) paints
- Tree marking paint
- Fence and barn paint
- Empty paint cans and pails
- Paint aerosols
- Marine paint (must not contain pesticides).